Monday, July 1, 2013

Seeking God's Direction

I would really appreciate if you all would please join me in praying about a possible wonderful opportunity coming up, but before I go into details about that I would like to give you a quick update and provide some background information about how I found out about this wonderful opportunity. 

First of all, I am so thankful and amazed by how God provided for all my needs this past semester at Gardner-Webb University! When I began attending Gardner-Webb, I had no idea how I was going to be able to afford it, but God provided for my tuition and all my other needs my first and second semesters there, and now I only have one semester left before I graduate this December! Please pray that God would guide and show me what He wants me to do after graduation. I am praying about and hoping to return to Nepal to work with the deaf.
I am also amazed at how God has orchestrated all the details of my life according to His perfect plan. While at Gardner-Webb these past two semesters I have been able to really get involved in working with the Deaf at Parkwood Baptist Church. I have been helping lead the Deaf Youth Group and leading the Deaf Youth Praise Team. They have been such a blessing in my life and I have learned so much about working with the Deaf from them. 
In February, I started praying and seeking God’s will and plan for my life for this summer. I felt God leading me to spend this summer in Colorado with family, especially since my Grandma Shari has cancer. I also felt Him leading me to find a Deaf Church to get involved with while I was going to be there. I found out about East Boulder Baptist Church (EBBC) which offers a Deaf Sunday School Class and interpretation of the message into ASL, and in March, I contacted the head interpreter at EBBC, Barb, to see if I could help them out this summer. She and the rest of the interpreters and Deaf church members were excited for me to get involved at their church, and I have been helping out there every Sunday since I arrived here. I have already learned so much from them, and they have been such an encouragement to me. 
I recently found out that East Boulder Baptist Church as a whole    has adopted the country of Bangladesh, and they have sent many teams to work in Bangladesh. One of their teams just returned from a trip to Bangladesh a couple of weeks ago, and last night they had a special service to let the team share about their experience. I attended the service, and my Grandma Shari and cousin joined me. We had a wonderful time hearing about the work God is doing in Bangladesh! After the service, Barb shared with me that she is planning to lead the first all Deaf team from their church to serve among the Deaf in Bangladesh, in October for eleven days. They will be serving alongside a husband and wife team who are working to reach the Deaf in Bangladesh.  Barb informed me that they need one more person to go who can help with interpreting, and she has been praying and looking for someone who can join them since January. After hearing about my trip to Nepal, she asked if I would consider joining them. I told her I would pray about it and let her know. 

I would really appreciate if you would join me in praying for God’s will and direction in this. I will be back at school in North Carolina in October (when the trip to Bangladesh is planned), but Gardner-Webb would allow me to take the eleven days off. I would also have to raise my own support to go. Please pray that God’s will be done and that He would reveal to me and to Barb what His will is. Please pray that if I am the one that God wants to join this team that He would work out all the details for me to join them, but if I am not the one that is supposed to join this team that He would provide someone else who can help with the interpreting.
Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment